Thursday, July 17, 2008

I read a book!

Ok, please close your mouth....I know it is shocking and all. So I read The Raw Shark Text by Steven Hall. I did enjoy it. It is about this guy who wakes up and has no idea who he is or where he is. Has has zero memory of his past. He starts getting letters and packages from the "first Eric Sanderson"...the person who he was before his lost all of his memories. So the second Eric has to search all these clues to who he is/was and what happened to him to loose all of his memories. The book does turn Sci Fi. It has a whole other world that he has to explore, including conceptual sharks.

I really liked the book. I never thought that I would like a sci fi novel, but it turned out great! I thought I understood it until I went to the website and started to read the blogs there. WOW did I miss tons. Most of the character's names are similar to a Greek mythology character and similar to a modern day scientist. On top of all that....they all seam to fit and make since. Overall, you really don't need to get that....the book was great on its own!


So I liked reading so much....I started a new book. I am currently reading Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. It is about a circus set in the Depression Era. It has love, murder, and comedy all rolled into a great book so far! I have 100 pages left to go.

No comments: