Thursday, November 6, 2008

Amanda and Bretts Wedding in Hawaii!

Aloha!! Ryan and I went to his sister's wedding in Hawaii. The island of Oahu. It was so GORGEOUS!!!! Just absolutely paradise. It made me want to move there. I can see why people go on vacation and never return. Just breath taking beautiful.

Speaking of beauty......look at what a gorgeous couple Amanda and Brett make!


Amanda and Brett planed a great wedding with tons of stuff to do. Their fun, gorgeous wedding was held at Ke Iki Beach Bongalows on November 1st. The wedding was right on the beach in North Shore.

Wednesday: BBQ at their resort/bungalows that we were staying at and were the wedding was held. (Ryan and I unfortunately had to miss it. No vacation days left)

Thursday: The day Ryan and I arrived, we went on a charted boat around the island. So much fun!!! The weather was kind of crappy, but what a fantastic way to start the trip. Plus we got to see family and meet family for the first time. We also got to meet some of Amanda and Brett's friends and meet Brett's family. His family was very nice and hosted a great event.

Friday: Luncheon rehearsal at Turtle Bay Resort. Very nice!!!! The food was great!


Saturday: The big day! Ryan and I woke up and had a great breakfast and decided to hit the beach.....please read all about that experience below. I got my hair done along with Amanda, Mother-in-law, June and Amanda's bridesmaid.
The ceremony was right on the beach at almost sunset. It was just romantic and very, very sweet.
(I had a little snag....my dress broke right before the ceremony...it sucked big time. I just wore the dress that I wore at the luncheon, but I was very upset at that very mad at myself.)

Everyone one in the wedding look very posh and just perfect for the big day!!

The reception was super fun and we all had a BLAST! It was so nice. They had lanterns and outside seating areas. They also had hula dancers, fire dancers and an incredible band. Just a good time with friends, family and lots of bottles of wine!! Ryan's dad, Dave, danced with all the pretty ladies and even got up and sang a song with the band......just a side of him I don't think people have seen in a LOOOONNNGGG time! It was too cute.


Brett's mom made these fantastic parasols and hand painted for gifts. AMAZING! June, painted this great painting of sea turtles for Amanda and she and Brett bottled their favorite wine and used the painting as wine labels. June does a really great job at painting!! Between the two moms....Amanda and Brett are going to have some pretty creative kids!

Congratulations Amanda and Brett!!!


Overall, Hawaii was a blast. I definitely want to go back and do more things. We only got to really spend one day at the beach....wow! First off, we were on North Shore....where the surfers go to surf! Huge ass waves, the locals call them neck breaker waves and I can see why. We first started getting our feet wet...then it got to our knees....some how we were thrown in the sea. Those waves were so big and the current was super strong. I can see why people drown and are pulled into sea in knee high water. CRAZY! One really big wave picked me up....beached me like a whale. It picked up Ryan and through him all over the place. Knock off his glasses. His favorite sunglasses. The poor guy spent the next hour looking for them. Waves picking him up so high and knocking him over. All you see is surf and feet. I helped him look for a bit, but this wave really knocked me over and beached my ass. It really hurt my neck and all I could think about was that I am going to die for a pair a sunglasses. I was out of the ocean. Believe it or not...after over an hour....some snorkeler found them down the beach. Ryan is one luck guy! He did have a lot of fun though. He was having a blast in the ocean. However, the waves hurt his back so bad. He spranged and through out his back. So the rest of the trip (including the wedding) he was in agony over his back. Got him out of dancing at the wedding.



We also visited Dole Pineapple Farm and a small Sea World type of place called Sea Life Park. We got to feed sea lions and see a Whalphin. It is a hybrid of a dolphin and a whale (False Killer Whale). It looked like a dark, large dolphin. It just kept swiming around in his tank, upside down. It is the only one in the world in captivity. She is 22 years old and had one offspring. Really cool! (These photos I found off the internet. We missed the show.)



Ryan couldn't walk because of his back....so I pushed him around in a wheel chair. Good times! Gave me an insight of what it will be when we are 90.

Next time....I really want to go snorkeling. I liked being in the ocean. Plus the water was such a great temperature. I want to see all the fisheys!!!








No comments: