Friday, April 23, 2010

Solar Power - Happy Earth Day!


Happy Earth Day (well yesterday, I never got to finish the post)!!
In heart of Earth Day, I want to introduce our solar panels! We used ACDC Solar Power. Ryan is now a sales rep. Please let me know if you have questions and I can forward them along.

Our first month, we saved $59.00. Plus, our excess production gets rolled into a usage credit that will be applied toward future use. On-peak production gets applied to on-peak usage, and off-peak production gets applied to off-peak usage. A vast majority of my usage is off-peak, so I don't expect that I'll ever have an off-peak credit. In the winter and spring, I am likely to produce more on-peak electricity than I can use. When the summer comes and my usage increases substantially, my production credit will be applied. My savings for April were pretty small, but the 358kWh of extra production will definitely help in June and July! I expect that the April figures showing a bill of about $90 will be about the lowest that my bills will ever be. This figure includes many base charges and fees that will probably not or cannot be reduced (transmission fees, meter read fees, taxes, etc.).

Ryan started a website.....I need to redesign it. iwentsolar.com

I really need to design it!!!! Poor thing has no design skills, but to his credit, he has asked me for months to design it.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

iwentsolar.com has been updated now.