Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First few Days on the New Job!

First day was great! It went by so fast, but a bit overwhelming. I have to learn not only the industry, but the people and their names and personalities. I am also now on a MAC and I haven't used mine in a while, so it is re-teaching myself the shortcuts and how to use them. Overall, the company and the people are great. I have more work than I can handle.... I am up for the challenge! The negative is the hours at the moment. I need to adjust to them I never had a job where I needed to be at work before 8:30. At the new job I have to be there at 7am. It is already a challenge and I just started!




The 2nd day....WOW is all I can really say. I went to a photo shoot at 6:30am to help creatively direct it, but the Photographer was FANTASTIC and needed no direction. After that.....the owner/CEO/MD asked us (my new boss, Ashley and I) in his office (BTW, HUGE ASS office! At least 800 to 900 sq ft. HUGE! So nicely decorated in Copenhagen style furniture. I'll sneak a picture one of these days. HUGE!) Anyway....this guy has more energy than I know what to do with. He even drinks decaf drinks. He is brilliant and extremely smart. He is a lot like Ryan if Ryan had lots of energy drinks all day long. He wants this brochure thing....tomorrow! Ya....I thought the same thing....how the HELL am I going to pull this off. He doesn't give text....the just shouted them as fast as he could. I am writing as much as I can, I only got about 45%. I am a little overwhelmed. I know I can pull it off, but I want to be fantastic at my job and wow everyone......at this moment, I don't feel that I can. I can't work that way. I don't know the industry that well to "fill in the gaps". I need to find a way that we can work together. I am thinking about purchasing a recorder or something. The CEO is just not the type to ask to repeat himself.....extremely intimidating!!!! So please, wish me luck and I hope to start to WOW people soon.






On another note....I went shopping and got a whole new wardrobe, complete with super cute shoes for work! Notice all the "patterns"? I am moving up in the world.



No comments: