Thursday, December 4, 2008

Training for a Triathlon!

My big announcement: I decided to train to compete in SheRox triathlon!

To some of you, you think that it is no big deal, but for me, it is enormous. I am a couch potato. I want to name my future dog, TiVO. If I had to choose between TiVO and Ryan, I would think for a second (of course I would choose Ryan). So, I am sure you are getting my drift.....I choose to watch boat loads of TV and forget about the outside world.


I am competing in the triathlon for a few reasons:
1. I need to be in better shape for myself and my health.
2. I want to loose weight. I am not over weight, I just would like to loose 8 to 10 lbs. My metabolism is not up to par anymore and I just can't eat what ever I want and keep off the weight. Getting old sucks!
3. I want to be motivated about something. I want to look forward to something. I want to prove to myself, that I can do anything that I put my mind to.

Can I finish the triathlon? Not right now, but I want to work hard and get my endurance and confidence up....I know in May, I will cross that finish line! If I can walk on fire and glass.....I can complete a triathlon.

SheRox triathlon will be in May at Tempe Town Lake.
  • Half mile swim in Tempe Town Lake (yeah, I am pretty much going to die of some bacterial infection, but I'll die a triathlete!)
  • 13 mile bike ride through Tempe
  • 3.1 mile run

My goals:

  • Finish the triathlon
  • Bonus goal: Finish in one and half hours
  • Get in shape / burn fat

Wish me luck!

Workout One: Ran a mile and a half in 15 minutes.....BAD! Goal: In 6 weeks run 2 miles in 15 minutes. Ultimate goal is to run 3.2 (5k) in under 20 minutes.

Rowing: 600 meters with no break. Goal: 1000 meters with no break.

I have a really long way to go....but if I am motivated and dedicated in completing this race, I WILL do it!

No comments: