Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

So I am not the most 'green' person around, I am a print graphic designer for gawd sakes. I do try to do a few things to help reduce my carbon foot print. I also do lots of stuff that are against the no-nos of the 'green' world. I hope I can balance stuff out, if not, maybe you can suggest a few tips for me. Here is the good, bad and the horrific planet killer stuff I do!

GOOD: I use recycled paper for my invitations.

BAD:
LOVE my plastic water bottles (BTW, don't suggest to drink filtered water. I won't do it. I don't like @ss water. I also won't drink Arrowhead water.....again @ss water. It was bottled here in Phoenix. I don't like the @ss water much!).

GOOD: Ryan (now I) invested in a plastic recycle machine. One-of-a-kind in the United States.

BAD:
Since we live in the "county" and not the city, they don't offer a recycling program.

GOOD: I am too lazy to wash my own car (hey, I save water by either 1: not wash it at all or 2: I let the pros do it.....they use less water).

BAD:
I use airsol hair spray. I am sorry....it just works better for my hair. On a good note, I hardly do my hair.

GOOD: I wash our clothes in cold water.

BAD:
I like long hot showers.


The list could go on and on. I do try. And I think if everyone "try's", I think we can make the world better! Happy Earth Day!

No comments: